Sugar Land Therapist
My name is Shakti (Nithya Shaktiroopananda, LPC-A), and I am a Licensed Professional Counselor Associate from Sugar Land, Texas. I have a Masters degree in Mental Health Counseling from New York University. Currently, I am under the supervision of Ayesha Lakhani, MA, LPC-S, RPT-S, NCC, CART. I am excited to be a part of your healing journey.
I believe that every individual carries enormous strength, and power in their lives. As a therapist, I provide a safe environment free from judgement to support you in discovering your inner strength to face and overcome challenges.
During my counseling experience, I have worked with people from all walks of life, including children, adolescents, adults, and families on topics such as grief, trauma, stress, life transitions, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, and self-esteem.
Born and raised in Singapore, then moved to Houston, Texas, I have lived on both sides of the world map. I’m bilingual and speak English and Tamil.
It is my belief that every challenge, and every adversity, comes with the possibilities of enormous opportunity and growth. Thank you for taking the first step, and I feel very privileged to be a part of your life’s journey.
Education and Accreditations
- Masters of Arts in Counseling, New York University, NY
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with Minor in Business, University of Texas at Austin, TX
- Completion of Level 1 Training in Gottman Method Couples Therapy
- Completion of Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Certification Training (PESI)
- Janina Fisher’s Clinical Trauma Treatment Certification Training Level 1 & 2 (PESI) (Expected 2023)
- EMDR Step By Step Plus Training (PESI) (Expected 2023)
Professional Activities & Memberships
- Member, American Counseling Association (ACA)